Monday, October 25, 2010

The Rodeo!

I had never been to the rodeo before this past Friday. Luckily, Kate got free American Royal Rodeo tickets! Here is Kate showing off her cute belly. Although Kate isn't sharing the name of her baby boy, she did tell us proudly that none of the cowboys bore her son's name.
And here are Anne and Nanette. We enjoyed to privacy of our own private box at long forgotten Kemper Arena. We were glassed in to separate us from the common folk. There weren't many people at the Rodeo, but we had a great time nevertheless. Since I had never been to a rodeo before it was a good thing we brought Nanette along. She told me all sorts of fun facts. For example, do you know why the bulls and horses buck the way they do? It's because they tie something around their balls and of course they don't like it!

So the rodeo is hard to photograph and here are my attempts blurry as they may be. My favorite event was the mutton busting. This is where little kids ride sheep like the cowboys ride bulls. It was pretty cute. I also enjoyed when all these kids had to wrestle calves to ground, tie a rope around their neck and then drag them to the middle of the arena. I was impressed, as I don't think I could do that.

post signature

1 comment: