Sunday, July 4, 2010

The Nelson Revealed Part 2


I'm a huge Van Gogh fan. I want to visit New York City to see Starry Night. And I want to visit Amsterdam, not for the reasons of most Americans who visit, but to see the Van Gogh museum. I learned something new about Van Gogh at the Nelson. Most people think of Van Gogh as a crazy guy who cut off his ear, but apparently he was very professional when it came to painting. When he could he bought the best paints, just like Monet, whose colors would stand the test of time and not fade. AND... he used tons of brushes! Instead of wiping a brush and going from one color to another, like I do, he would have a different brush for each color. You can see the distinct colors in this close up.

Van Gogh, you may have had a tough life, but you got one thing right...Painting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment