Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My First Still Life!

As an elementary art teacher there wasn't much to a still life. In fact, as in depth as it got was setting real sunflowers on the table. Even then, most of the time I just had the students look at pictures. (so much easier when you have 2o+ classes all doing different projects.)

But in high school it is different. So here is my first attempt at putting together a still life for drawing 1. I have all the easels arranged around the still life so everyone gets a good view. Some of you may see things that used to belong to you.




We'll see how it goes. Some of the students were really concerned yesterday when they walked in, but then I informed them I don't want them to draw the WHOLE thing, but just a few items. This made them feel better until I pulled out the large paper and they realized this was going to be a big drawing. I think they'll get over it.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment